Sunday, September 14, 2008

Never want to grow up!

I have recently had the pleasure to spend the day with and babysit my little cousins, Justine, 6 years old and Jaclyn, 3 years old. Both little girls reminded me that the world isn't so serious, that everyday is a blessing and that you shouldn't take the litte things for granted. As I spent the day with them, I studied and learned how beautiful it is to be a child. Being that young makes everything seem so pleasant. I watched Justine and Jaclyn pick flowers, play dress up and play with their dolls pretending to be mothers. When you're a child the simplest things make you happy and you appreciate life more. As people get older they lose the bliss for the little things in life and you don't see how you had to learn to walk, talk, eat and do anything by yourself. The little things in life such as picking flowers is what most of this world is missing. The appreciation of the earth we live on and admiration of the beauty of it is missing in this world. Remember when you were younger and you saw a rainbow? You were automatically amazed at how it had appeared. Now when you see a rainbow, you look at it for 5 seconds and run back into your crazy hectic world. Being around children made me realize that at one point of my life I actually was amazed by the little things. What I still don't understand is why little girls want to grow up. Playing dolls pretending to be mothers was the most fun, well for me it was and watching my little cousins play I assume it is for them as well. Taking on responsibilities is something no one wants however; being a little girl helping set the table and doing chores is fun. I am now appreciating the feeling of being young and never want to grow up!

No comments: