Monday, October 20, 2008

"No Standing"

My younger brother Justin attends Xavier High School in Manhattan, NY. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday I get out of school by 12 p.m and drive to the city to pick him up from school. I thought that since I get out of school early I should save him the trouble of taking the NYC train home since he takes it home everyday and gets home about 4:30 p.m. Today I was extremely tired and had to push myself to drive to Manhattan to pick him up. While I was waiting outside of his school for him I was standing in a "No Standing" zone. A police officer knocked on my window and told me I was going to get a ticket,in a frenzy, I put my car in drive and was about to drive away when he said "No, here's your ticket". I was so angry that the police officer didn't even give me a chance to move the car. I thanked him for giving me the ticket! After waiting 20 minutes for my brother and circling the block so I wouldn't get another ticket, I called my brother and got no answer. I called my brother about 50 times in about 2 minutes, still no answer. My brother finally called me back to ask me what I wanted and told me he was on the train on his way home. I was so furious at my brother because I knew he knew I was picking him up. That's not the only reason why I was so furious but also because I got a ticket, took time out of my schedule and waited for him because I felt bad for him. When I got home he apologized but I don't think I'm going to pick him up ever again!

No comments: